Wood County: R-S
Red Hill School. Red Hill School on Dutch Ridge, sold 1967.
Rising Sun School.
River Hill School.
Rockport School. 1937-38, Rockport School, Steele District, #2, Gilbert Rawson, principal & teacher, grades 5-8.
Rockport School. Built 1927, demolished 1966.
Rockport School. Exterior with students (H-R66)
Rockport School. Exterior with students.
Rockport #2 School. Built 1882.
Rocky Knob School. Standing, l to r: Spencer Adams, Lorena Adams, Mrs Archibald Adams, Etta Adams, Alice Burch, Mr Archibald Adams (huckster), Carolina Steele, May Riley, teacher Jennie Swearingen. On bench: Charlie Adams, Laverna Adams, Ethel Adams, Howard Steele, Clarence Steele, the Workman twins. Standing: Roscoe De Vaughn, some Jenkins children and some Riley children.
Saint Margaret Mary Catholic School. Dudley Avenue, Parkersburg.
Seven Pines School. Seven Pines School - Slate District. Collection of the Wood County School Board. The School is near Sugarcamp Run, two miles north of Salisbury. The school was still in use in 1941. (H-R6-RDC).
Shady Hill School. July 1947, old Glendale School.
Shady Hill School.
Sheep Gap School. 1916, students in front of school. First row : Jim Moore, Melvin Wildman, Ada Moore, Edith Brookhart, Agnes Fox, Perry Wildman. Second Row : Eula Harr, teacher; Jesse Brookhart, Barbara Brookhart, Virginia Postelwait, Gertrude Fox, Bessie Flinn, Violet Fox, and Bill Justice.
Sheep Gap School. Sheep Gap School, exterior (H-R7-RDC).
Slate School. Slate School - Slate District, exterior (H-R8-RDC) School was originally located 1/2 mile from the Little Kanawha River on Slate Creek and was moved to Leachtown where it was still in use until 1941. This picture is in the scrapbook in possession of the Wood County Board of Education.
Stephens Fork School. 8 September 1966, Stephens Fork School, exterior. (N-6 Crooks).
Sugar Grove School. Students outside. 1. Agnes Kinney 2. Mabel Pigott 3. Grace Marlow 4. Augusta Eaton 5. Barney Hanes 6. - 7. - 8. - 9. - 10. Dora Eaton 11.-
Sugar Grove School. Exterior with students (x indicates Olive Piggott) Middle Fork of Lee Creek. School was located on the Franklin Eaton, Sr.'s Farm, now owned by Mark and Debra (Hoffman) Buckley (B-1).
Sumner School. 1016 Avery Street, Parkersburg.
Sunny Side School.
Sycamore School. Sycamore School with group of students and Roma Melrose teacher to left.
Sycamore School. Sycamore School with group of students and Joseph Melrose, teacher, with hat in back.
Sycamore School. Built in 1875.
Photographs of Schools in West Virginia