Tucker County



Parsons

Population 2010 Census: 1,485
Median Age: 42.7 years

Courthouse: Completed 1900
Architect: Frank Milburn


Hover mouse over a dot on the map for details on Parsons.

Formed: 1856
Named: For Henry S. George Tucker (1780-1848), an eminent jurist and statesman of Virginia
County Seat: Parsons
Land in Square Miles: 418.92
Population 2010 Census: 7,141
Persons per Square Mile 2010: 17.0

Primary Sources Online
Removal of the county seat from St. George to Parsons, 1893
1960 Presidential Campaign in Tucker County

Blackwater Falls State Park, 1984    (dialup)    (broadband)

Civil War
Distressing Condition of the Union Men out in Tucker County, 1861
Tucker County and the Guerrillas, 1862
Exciting News from Tucker, 1862
Imbodenís expedition from Hardy County into Tucker County, 1862
Milroy's operations in the Northwest, 1862
Job Parsons, 1862
Proceedings of the Tucker County Convention, 1863
The Affair in Tucker County, 1864
Tucker County Union Militia Letters, Folder 1
Tucker County Union Militia Letters, Folder 2
Tucker County Union Militia Letters, Folder 5
Tucker County Union Militia Letters, Folder 9

Photographs
Photographs of Schools in Tucker County
Big poplar tree, Boom and Lumber Company, Hambleton

Secondary Sources Online
List of Tucker County Legislators

West Virginia Veterans Memorial Biographies
Thomas Alan Johnson
Cleon Wilson Raese Jr. and Donald Walter Raese
Roy E. Young



Teacher Resources

West Virginia Archives and History