On June 4, 1750, Thomas Lord Fairfax conveyed 400 acres on Lost River in present-day Capon District, Hardy County, to William Warden, on which he later erected Fort Warden.
Deed For Land Conveyed from Lord Fairfax to William Warden
George Washington's Notes on Survey of William Warden Lands
"Early Land Grants and Settlers Along Patterson Creek"
An Example of a Fairfax Land Grant
On This Day in West Virginia History: June