Pricketts Fort: Through Artists' Eyes invites entries for a juried art exhibit. This show and sale will benefit the foundation's education, programming and preservation efforts. Any artwork that reflects the period, culture, history, people, or landscape of Pricketts Fort and the West Virginia frontier is welcome. Works need not be representational, but should speak to the past, present or future of this place.
Open to artists of all ages and any two-dimensional media. Artwork must be original and professionally framed and ready for hanging. All works must be for sale and available for display throughout the entire exhibit period. Participating artists will receive 60% of the proceeds of any work sold; the remaining 40% will benefit the work of the Pricketts Fort Memorial Foundation.
A cash prize of $200 will be awarded for First Place, $100 for Second Place and $50 for Third Place.
Stephen Cassle is an active artist, craftsman, and living historian. He is employed by the Tamarack Foundation as Professional Development Coordinator.
For complete prospectus and entry form see:
Prickett's Fort State Park is located 2 miles off I-79 at exit 139 in Fairmont, West Virginia.
Pricketts Fort Memorial Foundation www.prickettsfort.org (304) 363-3030