Arts Section seeks Poetry Out Loud Coordinator
- One day (8 hours) per week, through May, 2013. Additional hours expected with some travel, and during the week leading up to the state finals event.
- $13-$15 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Reporting to the Director of Arts, the Poetry Out Loud coordinator would be responsible for all clerical and programmatic duties of the Poetry Out Loud program (POL). The POL coordinator will collaborate with the Director of Arts and Arts in Education (AIE) coordinator to strategize marketing and outreach and make programmatic decisions. With support of the AIE coordinator, the POL coordinator will visit schools around the state to facilitate workshops for teachers and students for recruitment and curriculum building.
The POL coordinator will be responsible for:
- School recruitment
- Mailings (recruitment, registration, materials, and follow up)
- Hospitality and accommodations for artists, students, and teachers
- Contracting judges
- Purchasing bids and ordering branded materials and awards
- Program inquiries and all correspondence
The POL Coordinator will collaborate with the Director of Arts and AIE coordinator on:
- Grant reporting
- Marketing and promotion strategies
- Guest artist booking and contracts
- Teacher and student workshops (some travel required)
- Production schedules and event planning
To apply email resume and cover letter to Director of Arts, Jeff.A.Pierson@wv.gov.